So glad you all are joining us on our farming journey and will get to receive the bounty that we grow. We couldn't do it without you.
Your CSA box contains (week of 5/13):
- 2 heads of Romaine (red and green)
- 2 Kohlrabi (red and green- has the flavor of cabbage and broccoli stems recipe below)
- 1 bunch spring onion (You can use the whole thing!)
- 1 bunch Siberian Kale (large but tender, may be eaten raw or cooked)
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch salad turnip (great flavor and texture raw but can also be coooked)
- 1 pint snap peas
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 bulbs kohlrabi (bulbs peeled and grated, leaves thinly sliced)
- 1 granny smith apple (cored and grated) (OPTIONAL)
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the cider vinegar, Dijon and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper then add the sliced green onion. Mix to combine then let the onions sit in the vinaigrette for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, mix in remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
We hope y'all will enjoy trying new vegetables with us. Check our blog each week upon receiving your box to see recipes and cooking tips for the ingredients of your box. And please do share your favorite recipes because we love to know how you like to use your veggies!
Please remember to bring your box back when you come pick up on Saturday at the Kingston Springs Market. You can also bring your own bag and transfer the CSA contents if you'd rather. We are trying to come up with a better system than using our wax boxes.
We had the farm tour and many of you couldn't make it so we will plan another one soon. Spring has sprung around here and now that we have all our summer crops in the ground we can breathe a little.
We have been attending Nashville Farmers Market and the East Nashville Farmers Market on Wednesdays and it has been a blast! It is great to get out into the big city once in a while (despite that traffic!) The walk-in cooler is still in the works and Max has been hard at work on it. Hopefully that will be completed soon and we will be able to keep your food the freshest yet!